Sunday 21 March 2010

Reduce Driving Costs Part 2

I have been driving vans and wagons for the last 50 years, with only 1 endorsements for speeding [In a Sprinter] and no accidents. Times have changed a lot during that time, vehicles have got faster, roads are better, speed cameras have been invented, mobile phones and sat navs are the two inventions we can’t live without, or so we think. Seven or eight years ago I could drive to probably around 1000 different industrial estates around the country, with out even looking at a map. Nothing spectacular in that, every wagon driver and courier could do the same. About this time I was on 24 hour standby for a large printing firm, I would get a call to pick up a load, when I collected the load and asked for the address, if I was lucky they gave me the name of the firm I had to deliver to, more often than not all the night staff new was the initials of the firm, occasionally they knew the town. [This was all the information the night staff had on their work ticket.] Read the full article

Vic Farron RFT Express

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article with some very good points

    ReplyDelete